• 沈阳翻译公司

玩转地道英文,习惯用语为你的语言添色彩

这里有一些日常喜欢用的习语
这些习语会为你的演讲增添趣味。
下面我们开始介绍这些习语:


 Spice things up
增添情趣
You’ve probably guessed by now that to spice things up means to make them more interesting or exciting.
你可能已经猜到spice things up意为使事情变得更加有趣。

Instead of just buying Sam a birthday gift, let’s spice things up by taking him out for dinner.
不要只给汤姆买一个生日礼物,我们带汤姆出去吃饭吧,这样会更有趣一点。

A piece of cake
轻松的事,小菜一碟儿
A piece of cake refers to a task or job that’s easy to complete or accomplish.
A piece of cake指一件很容易完成的任务或者是工作。

I expected the English test to be difficult but it was a piece of cake.
我以为英语考试很难,但是不过就是小菜一碟。

Cool as a cucumber

镇定自若


Cucumbers have a refreshing taste and leave you with a cool, calm feeling. So if you’re cool as a cucumber, you’re someone who’s very calm and relaxed.
黄瓜口感清爽,让人感觉平静。所以如果你像黄瓜一样让人感觉平静,那你一定是一个非常冷静和放松的人。

My friend is nervous about taking his driving test but I’m cool as a cucumber.
我的朋友很担心他的驾驶考试,但是我很冷静。

Couch potato
电视迷
A couch potato refers to someone who spends a lot of time sitting on the couch watching TV.
A couch potato指整天坐在沙发上看电视的人。

After my uncle retired from his job, he became a couch potato.
我叔叔退休后成了一个电视迷。


 Bring home the bacon
成功,谋生
To bring home the bacon means to make an income or earn a living to support your family.
Bring home the bacon意为赚钱养家。

Ever since her father was injured, she’s been working two jobs to bring home the bacon.
父亲受伤后,她就做了两份工作来养家糊口。


In hot water
有麻烦,陷于困境
When someone is in hot water, they’re in a bad situation or serious trouble.
当某人处于水深火热之中时,说明他陷于困境或者遇到了麻烦。

My brother is in hot water for failing all his college classes.
我哥哥因挂掉大学所有的科目而陷入麻烦之中。

Compare apples and oranges
无法相提并论
Apples are very different from oranges both in looks and taste. It’s hard to compare two things that are so unlike each other. So then, to compare apples and oranges is to compare two very different things.
无论是味道还是外观,苹果和橘子都很不一样。很难去比较完全不同的两种东西。因此,比较苹果和橘子就是比较两种完全不同的东西。

I’m not sure which I enjoy more—pottery or dancing. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.
我不确定自己更加喜欢哪一个 — 陶艺还是舞蹈。这两者无法相提并论。


Not one’s cup of tea
不喜欢…….
If something is not your cup of tea, it’s an activity you have no interest in, don’t enjoy or don’t do well in.
如果用not your cup of tea来形容某事,这就说明你对某件事并不感兴趣,不喜欢也不擅长。

Camping is really not my cup of tea so I’m going to visit my friend in New York instead.
我真的不喜欢露营,所以我打算去纽约拜访我的朋友。


 Eat like a bird
胃口小
How much does a bird eat? Not very much, right? So to eat like a bird is to eat very little.
一只鸟能吃多少东西?吃不了多少,对吧?所以eat like a bird意为吃的非常少。

Don’t trouble yourself cooking such a big meal. I eat like a bird.
你就不要费劲儿做饭了,我吃的很少。

Eat like a horse
胃口大
Now, a horse is much bigger than a bird. So how much do you think a horse eats? That’s right, to eat like a horse is to eat a large amount of food.
马比鸟大得多了。那么一匹马能吃多少东西呢?就是这样,eat like a horse说明吃的东西很多。

My mother has to cook a lot of food when my brother comes to visit. He eats like a horse.
弟弟来我家的时候我妈妈会煮很多食物,因为他的胃口很大。

友情链接: 1StopAsia海外官网 1StopAsia海外博客
公司简介 公司资质 笔译服务 口译服务 视频服务 桌面排版 本地化服务 合作企业
扫一扫关注
思达禹域公众号
024-31407107
地址: 辽宁省沈阳市皇姑区塔湾街7号甲(塔湾街7号甲)2031-006室
手机: 13624219395, 15604052559
Copyright © 辽ICP备2024042362号-1 辽宁思达禹域科技有限公司(辽ICP备2024042362号-1) 版权所有