For sale: baby shoes, never worn. - Ernest Hemingway
出售:婴儿鞋, 从未穿过。——(作家)海明威
海明威爷爷的经典6词原创微小说, 字面意思是有个人在出售从未穿过的婴儿鞋, 但是正常的脑回路都会联想到:pregnancy →miscarriage? or an accident that killed the baby before he had the chance to wear the shoes?(怀孕流产?或者意外死亡导致婴儿没有机会穿这双鞋吗?)
Ouch…
多么大的落寞…
仅仅六个单词吞吐出一个鲜活又戳心的故事。
Brought roses home. Keys didn’t fit.
我带着玫瑰回家,钥匙却打不开她的门。
I met my soulmate. She didn’t.
我遇到了我的那个她,但她没有。
Goodbye mission control. Thanks for trying.
“再见!地面指挥中心。谢谢你们的努力。”
One bullet is a lifetime supply.
得到一颗子弹的补给,生命也就此陨落。
Strangers.Friends. Best Friends. Lovers. Strangers.
陌路。朋友。挚友。爱人。陌路。
Jumped. Then I changed my mind.
纵身一跃后,我改变了主意。
It’s our fiftieth, table for one.
这是我们五十周年结婚纪念日。请给我一个单人桌。
Sorry soldier, shoes sold in pairs.
对不起,士兵,我们的鞋子是按双出售的。
I miss you. I miss you.
我想你了,我弄丢了你。
I look for you in everyone.
我在万千人群中寻觅你。
Met my soulmate. At her wedding.
我遇见了我的梦中情人。在她的婚礼上。